Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project Life : Week 4

I got to add my first insert this week! I was beginning to get paranoid that my life was lame and uneventful when I kept seeing everyone else's inserts of events of the week. ;) Just kidding. I love that I have weeks of simplicity and 1 or 2 focuses and then weeks of crazy, not enough room, excitement.

This week started with parties and ended with parties. I have some around the house shots and then some school and art shots. My inserts are our Annual International Festival with our Homeschool Association.



On the left side I highlighted the weather on my date card. It has been so mild and crazy here in Georgia this year. I love being able to use screen captures and print them as pictures. Sunday was a surprise 30th birthday for my friend Katie. We were in kahootz with her hubby to keep her away from the house, so my pics are from behind her! This was my favorite though. I also included a new drawer for that kitchen organization project I keep hemming around about. There is a shot of above Caitlyn's desk, that I love. It was full of color and animals and life, just like her!



On the right side I got to highlight Graycen doing Foot Math. I put the instagram on Facebook and I loved the comments I got. She is well loved. The other event was Breana trying some crayon art from Pinterest. I'm really glad she can explore creativity and try things that she likes. The bottom picture is Jason doing some P90x with his workout buddy. She hung with him the whole time. LOL.



This week my 2 inserts are about our International Festival. We studied China with our friends the Rockers. On one side is our preparation of our board and food. The second side is our display and the fun at the festival. Insert 2 is Caitlyn's painting on rice paper of a panda that was included on the display board and on the back is Graycen's scavenger hunt. I wanted to capture her handwriting and the fact that she answered most of the questions on her own! I used a Design B page protector with the 3rd row cut off and a regular 8.5x11 page protector.









Link up at The Mom Creative!

The Mom Creative

4 comments:

Cami said...

So much to love about your pages. But I was intrigued by your Monday picture and had to enlarge to see. I need a photo of one of my drawers. I kind of like it.

Really great pages!

Abby Devine said...

I really love all the posts and ideas on using inserts. I haven't used any to date but Iam going to start (I am a newbie) So all these great ideas are great!

Chris Coryell said...

Love your pages. Love all the tidbits you added. I've been adding inserts to my pages as well. Love that option.

Julie

http://iamjuju.com

Mandy said...

Thanks Guys! Camilla, My "room of the month" was the kitchen so that was what I did last week in the organizing part. I still want one more drawer. I love that thing! Your comment alerted me that I had not journaled about it. I smell a label coming on!