Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Little Word 2012: REMEMBER

I'm afraid that the inspiration for my little word this year is going to wear off, so without putting it off any longer, I am ready to commit and elaborate. This year's word came to me during an Explorer's Bible Study lecture. I don't know why, but things started to just pour into my brain on how applicable this word can be this year. This year I want to...



It struck me so powerfully that I knew that this was it. I hope to just have "remember posts" ever so often to exercise this word this year. This fall we were encouraged to be purposeful, to resolve in one of the lectures. I found myself strongly yearning to remember everything I was hearing and thinking. Now, I know that's not possible, but I feel if I am purposeful in remembering, I will just create better habits of observation and application. On the notes that day I knew areas of "remembrance" needed to be remembering memories (Project Life, scrapbooking in general, blogging, journaling, scrapbooking moments and stories and not just events), remembering scripture (memorizing it, writing it, posting it on my desk cabinet door, bookmarking it, putting it on the wall), remember my priorities (my husband's needs, my children's hearts, my church service, my home, my friendships), remember myself (my physical wellbeing - go to the dr., exercise, eat well; my spiritual wellbeing - communication with God, regular study, reading through the Bible; my mental wellbeing - reading, hobbies), remember to slow down and take time (for thinking, for organizing, for resting, for creating, for all these things).

I want a calmness and an order to this crazy life. I feel some big changes coming and some maturing coming. It may be painful. It may be uncomfortable, but I'm ready for the outcome.

I've also thought about this in a different way. I want to remember the past this year. Some of that is good. Revisiting what my babies sounded like at 2 (and preserving that) is a sweet piece of the past. I want to remember the hard struggles. I want that to make me thankful and thoughtful and purposeful in moving forward. I don't want to remember the hurtful things, but I never want to forget the lessons learned from that. I want to remember the present. The daily happenings, the lessons now, the age cuteness of all of my children now. BE PRESENT. I want to remember what is promised for my future. In obedience to Him, I want to trust God's sovereignty to provide my future whatever that looks like. Remember His promises. Remember who He is.

That's all for now...I hope there's more...a whole year's worth.

No comments: