Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Post of the Year?

That's the way it looks right now. One post a year. LOL. I've never been good at the consistency part of journaling. I want to do it. That just doesn't make it happen. That being said, I am going to give it a go again. This is one reason:



This is what my desk looks like. This is what my brain looks like. I need a place to dump and file all this stuff. My confession and drawback is, hold on, I love paper. I like paper things. Calendars, to-do lists, forms, charts, all that stuff. I love it. However, I've got to let go of some hangups to stay sane. Currently on my desk I have notes from a time management ecourse I listened to, a graph pad with thoughts on my 2012 One Little Word, a room of the month schedule for cleaning and organizing, more lists for decluttering and organizing the kitchen, a Southern Living, school planning charts, and probably more on the bottom layer. I love all this stuff, but it has to find a home and it can't be on my desk. If I put it in a file drawer, yep, you guessed it, out of site out of mind. So here I am again. Last post 2009, sheesh. I learned something though. I loved going back and reading it, and I need this for just that reason. I am inspired by Ali Edwards, that she pulls stories for scrapbook pages from her blog. I want the record there. I want to be able to catalog and file my thoughts. So this is a selfish blog. It is about me for me. For reflection and recording. For REMEMBERING. If I can share something out of it, great. If it bores you, I'm not shocked or offended. ;)

I want to utilize this blog for some special things. I am in year 2 of Project Life. I love, love, love it. I have several friends that love, love, love it. I want to share mine and hopefully they may enjoy it and do the same so I can stalk theirs. :) The second thing is to process my one little word this year. Last year I chose gratitude. It was fitting. I enjoyed thinking about it. I enjoyed Ali's class to scrapbook it. I don't feel I used it. This year I want to interact with my word more. More on that to come.

That's it for now. Eggs are calling. My next post should be Week 1 Project Life and hopefully today!

1 comment:

Memorymomentsandmore said...

Oh Lord, Mandy you totally snuck in my house and took a pic of my desk. Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts. Can I paste my thoughts on yours so they will get cleaned up to??
Love ya!!