Monday, February 6, 2012

Remember, Don't Invent

Today "Remember" came to me. Not in a good way though. I am remembering today, but it's not things I want to remember. It feels more like haunting. This is an exercise. What part of my spirit needs the stretching? Trust? Forgiveness? Peace? I have a feeling just because I chose this word for this year, it is going to stretch me and tug and pull. Hopefully, for the better.

Actually I am not remembering as much as I am inventing. I think about things that haven't happened, but are related to what has. That's really not fair - to me or anyone else. Matthew 6:34, "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." That should probably apply to the past also. Making up "scenes" in my head is probably worrying about tomorrow - as if it is to come. Today. Be present today. Plan school. Love these tired kids from a long Super Bowl Sunday. Love this house. Take care of it remembering to be grateful for what I have to take care of.

From my beloved Psalms (55:22): "Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."

I Peter 5:7 - "Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

He cares for me. How humbling. I'm blessed that I have physical people around me that care too. My husband cares for me. He tells me. Other family and friends care too. I am truly grateful. I am so aware of the fact that we cannot follow our emotions. Mine used to be much more even keel and reasonable. Now that I am crazy, I will follow you Lord. ;)

No comments: