Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Project Life: Week 5

Week 5! That's amazing! Loving this project and now that I am comfortable with it (only took a year!), I'm ready to branch out and start thinking outside the little white box, so to speak. ;) This week I replaced the right side page protector with a different We R Memory Keepers protector I had. It wasn't the one I originally envisioned, but I didn't own that one, so we're moving on. What this means is next week I'll have to work with it too. I'm excited though because we have some special occasions coming up next week and it will be nice to draw attention to it that way.

Here's the complete week:



I really loved what I had to add this week. Some good stories and everyday life.

The left side shows me playing photoshop with my friend Katie. This is becoming a regular habit. Lol. She is learning digital scrapbooking and it gives us a chance to put our weeks together - well, together. We did a huge lego sorting the beginning of the week for J's new trofast, and he is loving that. Building like crazy. Graycen had some sweet moments. I love that she has this pillowcase dress her Aunt Laura made her when she was 3 (we think). She is about to be 6, and it is still just as cute. Still loving playing with instagrams and all the filters and styles. The 2x2 inch size is perfect for the 3x4 journaling cards.



The right side is the different WRMK protector. It has one long 4x12 inch slot on top and 4 4x6s underneath. I downloaded a new app (thanks Gina!) called photosynth. It's said to be not quite as good as photostitch, but it was free so I wanted to try it. We had a ladies' event at our church and my homeschool momma's met to go together. This is our table at the restaurant before the show. I loved capturing everyone around the table, and the app worked pretty well unless someone really moved (Ame has no face - sorry!) This was a great spot for it. I just cropped it to the original dimensions to fit on 2 4x6s, trimmed them, and stuck them down side by side on a 4x12 piece of cardstock. (My ticket is on the date card on the other side.) I used a free template from Oscraps (Paisley Press maybe?) to drop in 2 other pics from the night on one of the 4x6s below.



The other highlight of the right side was our shopping errands on Friday. I captured the buggy because it was full of things for valentines and a birthday celebration I normally wouldn't buy. It also shows my almost 6 year old riding in the buggy. ;) I used a flip-flap from one of my favorite Close to My Heart consultants to add a pic of me and the girls that night watching Dolphin Tale. That is one of my favorite things (Friday night movie night) and it was the ending of a unusual usual day. Figure that one out. The backside of the shopping pic is my journaling card.




Hope you are loving your Project Life journey as much as I am! I'm linking up at The Mom Creative, so check out Jessica's blog too!

The Mom Creative

4 comments:

Cami said...

Love the flip flap with the journaling on it. What a great idea!

Chris Coryell said...

Great pages! I used a flip up this week, but I really like the flip flap as well. I'm enjoying learning Photoshop. Thanks for sharing!

Julie
http://iamjuju.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE your pages, especially the flip flap! Awesome!! I want some too!

April said...

your pictures look great...I love the flip flap I used them for the first time this week as well!

http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/2012/02/pl-week-5-baby.html