Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project Life: Week 7

I never thought our life was so busy! Well, I knew it was busy but not notable. Wondering if this is an unusual year or just an unusual perspective. Our kids are older too. That means they get personal agendas. LOL. It's exciting, but I'm not so sure this is going to be a 2 book kind of year, if you know what I mean. On to week 7!

With Valentines, there was extra that I wanted to capture for sure. Add in a Valentine's dance, a play, and time spent with friends and family and you've got a full week. With all the flip flaps, instagrams, and collages, I think I've got 23 pictures! Wowzers! So much for a pic a day (which I'm not abiding by anyway)! Here's the overview:



I added flip flaps from Close to My Heart to the 3 picture slots on the left side this week. It was just too much! Sunday, we had a visit from my brother and Sis-in-law and their kids, so I added a group of the kids, a group of the adults, and one of their baby, Miss Paisley, as an instagram. She was so tired! Monday, a dear friend came over and we started cleaning out our garage to convert it into a temporary school room. There was a pic of one of her daughters that was just my favorite photo of the week, though, so I had to add it! Tuesday, of course, was Valentines, so I squeezed gifts in using instagrams and a collage from these tiny templates. We also took our load to a consignment sale we participate in in the area. Whew.





My first insert this week is of my oldest at her Ballroom class Valentine Dance. She was crowned queen, so that added some extra excitement to the night. I shaved off 2/3 of the Design B page protector and made my horizontal pics 3x4.



On the back side I used 2 instagrams, a blank grid journaling card, and some Martha Stewart labels.



The second insert is a play program that goes with the first pic on the right side. A friend of mine and her husband were cast as the lead roles in a play. She asked me to photograph the dress rehearsal for her so they would have some pictures of the event. It was so fun and great to see them on stage! It's just 3 hole punched.



The third, yes third, insert is a letter from my niece to Graycen after visiting on Sunday. It was just too sweet to pass up. It could move to Graycen's album later, but for now, it will live here for safe keeping. I just slipped it in an 8.5x11 page protector. I've thought about adding a pic of the two of them. They are 3 months apart in age.



On the right side, I have a very traditional Design A spread. It includes, my friend (with a black eye from a fight scene!) and me after the play, a new dish rack my dad built for me over my sink, me lounging on a friend's HUGE new countertops, and Jason's aunt baking cookies with Grayce and her granddaughter. They came for dinner and a play visit on Saturday.



What's missing from this week - can you believe something is missing?! - is the invitation to the dance (it's around here somewhere) and pictures from Disciple Now at our church. Bree wasn't interested in taking a camera (Grrr), but one of her friends had one, so if I end up with some pics, I may slip them in next week since it ended on Sunday. I also may slip my Valentine card from Hun in there. We'll see. Love it!

Linking up with Jessica at The Mom Creative.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

this looks so good! love all of your inserts!