Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disney World Here We Come!

I am so tired. I mean tired. Really. So tired. It's my own fault, but we are having a great time!


Yesterday, after all day in the car we found our house we are staying in unloaded the vans and went straight to the magic kingdom! We got there in time to see the Spectromagic Parade and watch the fireworks. I got so excited when I saw the castle! I didn't realize how excited I would be! I started squealing and squeaking at the kids. They just looked at me like, "Well, ye-ah! (Read, "duh.")" They were actually really excited too. We started our photopass card with a shot in front of the castle but I think that really you will just see the setting that surrounded us which was CHRISTMAS! They have already begun the Christmas decorations, so that has added a little magic too!



It will take me a while to get a bunch of pics ready, so I'll just post a few.


We got in late last night, but we were all having fun - well Jadon was ready to melt down, but sometimes we just can't count the 5 year old boy.

This morning started early, and we headed for Animal Kingdom. While the dads got fast passes for the safari ride - the name escapes me right now - we went to the information place to get our first time visitor buttons and a birthday button for Jacob (he'll be 8 next week). We all sang Happy Birthday and the cast member had some fun with him. We loved the safari ride, except for Breana who said the radio guy's voice was freaky and she already has this weird fear of bridges so when we had to "go over" one that was falling apart, she got a little tense! LOL. It was really funny. We DID Animal Kingdom! We were right to assume that our crowd could spend all day there, and probably could have spent more, but we were fortunate it closed at 6 because everyone, deep down, was ready. The hightlights of the day were: autographs from Lilo & Stitch, Terk, and Donald Duck; the girls riding their first roller coaster - the mount Everest one - it even got to me a little, so we were proud; seeing the tigers and gorillas, the It's tough to be a bug show, which, thanks to Graycen I only saw 1/2 of! LOL; the Finding Nemo musical show and the Festival of the Lion King. Our souvenirs for the day were pressed pennies which was very cheap of us, but we want them to weigh their decisions. They have been really content and we've stayed out of gift shops.

At the end of the day these were the favorites. Breana: Mt Everest Expedition ride and the Finding Nemo show.



Caitlyn: It's tough to be a bug show! Jadon: It's tough to be a bug show and when we left the Festival of the Lion King, Jadon said, "That was a great show!" He is so cute







Graycen: "Seeing Donald Duck." If the girl ever acts shy, you know she is lying.

That's all for now, I have got to sleep! Tomorrow we are off to Sea World, and maybe a little Epcot. We've discovered we got 7 days of DW park tickets and not 6! Sea World closes at 6, so if we can stand it we may go to Epcot to check out the luminations show. I'll be checking in soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Sounds like y'all are having a wonderful time! I'm so jealous! I've never been. Maybe one day... Please keep blogging so I can live vicariously through your adventures!! LOL!!!
Daphne

proudmama said...

Hey Mandy! so glad that you are all having such a great time, i can't wait to take the boys!
great pics! make sure you get rest so you can do EVERYTHING!! HAHA!
Gina

Amy Guinn said...

I am soooo excited for you all! The pictures look great....you look beautiful! Thanks for keeping us posted on your adventures. Can't wait to see the scrapbooking to come :)
Amy