Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Do you Sea what I sea?


Oh my goodness. I really am having a hard time remembering what happened yesterday, but let's see what I can do! We did not have internet service last night, so I wasn't able to update. We went to Sea World, and it was a beautiful day.
The highlight of the day was the Shamu show. Why? Because my baby was the star! LOL! Breana was chosen as we were walking in to be the audience helper! They took her backstage to make sure she would answer the trainer's questions and she new where she lived. About 1/2 way through the show they came a got her and took her to a box at the edge of the pool where she got a whale tail necklace, told them she wanted to be a cook when she grew up, FED SHAMU, and watched the rest of the show from the box!! I understand that her mom was more excited than she was - she was pretty nervous - but I was beside myself!




We saw every animal at the park - literally! The only thing we missed was petting a dolphin. We had to put it off when we went by because they were being fed and they wouldn't come to our side of the pool while the fish were at the other end. We decided we'd come back, and it just took too long to get back over there. Tentatively, we have a plan to go back Sat. morning just to pet the dolphins.

Well, after we missed the dolphins (and I knew we were chancing it to get back), I sprung for sea lion food. Two trays. Six fish. Eight dollars. You have never in your life seen so much activity! First of all, I have to tell you that there are predatory pelicans and other birds watching for unsuspecting sea lion feeders. Well, Jadon is just the feeder they were looking for! One of the pelicans as big as he is started coming toward him for his fish. He started screaming like a girl, like a wolf had treed him! He throws his fish and we start yelling for him to stop and be quiet!! He is freaking out. Graycen starts screaming. Caitlyn starts chasing the bird. It is mass pandamonium. Finally, we all calmed down and got out of there. At the time, Jason and I wanted to kill Jadon because of the screaming. It makes my adrenaline go through the roof and I feel like my eyeballs are going to explode. Finally, I asked Graycen what her problem was and she says, "That fish hit my leg." Okay, I hope this is comical for you. At the time I was not amused, but we have been laughing about it and reliving it for 2 days. Sometimes to the point of tears. I wish I had had my wits about me to take some video. We could stay at disney for a whole nother month with the money we could win!!




I know I'll remember more details, but this is all you get at 11 p.m. the next night! Our souveniers included bamboo wind chimes and an animal toob for Breana, a big Shamu for Caitlyn, a sting ray for Jadon, and a musical baby "shampu" whale for Graycen. The day and park were beautiful. We'd do it again, birds and all, in a heartbeat!!

Graycen and Isabel at the "Polar Express"

talk later...

No comments: