Monday, October 20, 2008

Babies aren't babies anymore

My baby turned 9 last week! Oh my goodness! I remember so vividly that day, 4 weeks before my due date to the day, living in our little house in Hogansville, Jason at work at the golf course on a Sunday morning. Throughout the day, I find myself looking at the clock and trying to place what was happening at that time x number of years ago. When I think of it, it feels like my heart is just swelling, it is so full. Breana was born at 4:31 p.m. after a wonderful first baby labor and delivery.

I cannot believe what she is today. She weighed 5 lb. 13 oz., and even though she still looks like she'd blow away in the wind, her hair hangs over 1/2 way down her back in straight silk strands. She is a little tall for her age, and I see the beginnings of her growing into a teenager. She is so creative, and is going to surpass my abilities by miles! She's sporty too. I don't know about athletic abilities, but she has a sporty style. We have now started bribing our girls with money for their birthday instead of having a party, and I take them shopping. She allowed her sister to go this year with us, and Caitlyn chose to wear a fashionable green, belted, turtleneck, short-sleeved sweater with jeans. Breana chose a 3/4 sleeved pull over knit hoodie and matching pink knit gauchos. Both equally cute, but so distinctive in style. I love to think about the ladies they could blossom into. That excitement quickly turns to somberness as I think about all I want to pour into them and train them for in such a short amount of time!

Anyway, we did go shopping. This weekend was opening day of hunting season so Dad wanted to hunt and offered to take Jadon, so that left Graycen going with us too. Breana also invited her friend Jill, from down the street, to spend the night and shop with us. Graycen did wonderfully, which thrilled mom, and the girls were sweet all day. Breana made very good choices with her birthday money. After setting aside some for saving and some for church, she bought 2 craft projects (I hope to be able to report more on them later!) at Joann's, a scooter and a cabbage patch doll at toys 'r us, and a hermit crab with all the accessories at pet smart. After buying "Hermie" her money was spent and so was her attention! She was ready to get home and set up Hermie's habitat. I was just so thrilled we didn't come home with $.88 "treasures" from Walmart!


(Sorry that picture is sideways. I forgot to turn it, and I don't know how to get rid of it! Help!)
"Hermie"



We also had the Rockers over for cake and ice cream and they gave her bead art. That is a favorite pasttime of the whole crew. She wanted a frog themed cake!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a special girl! She did a great job on her birthday gifts I think!