Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A woman's job description

Now, I have to say, I am not trying to get out of any work, but this morning the thought came to me that I wonder what God's description of a wife/mother/woman's job would be. Would it be the same for all women? Would it vary for situation, or if sin had not entered, would we all be in the same situation?

Did God have a perfect plan that fit every woman's life, or was His plan as different as every woman and personality? Now-a-days, we definitely can't say that there is one way to do things. That would be too confining and judgemental. What is His top priority? That even seems different to and for every woman.

Now, this could get deep and personal real quick, but I'll be the first to admit that the reason these questions came to mind is because I was thinking of all that I need/want to accomplish today. I wondered did Sarah or Rachel or Lydia ever feel this way? Have we made our lives too detailed, or are we trying to do too much of the work ourselves? I mean, did they make beds? Certainly not like we do. How often did they wash their clothes? Not as often as we do. Their meals took an insane amount of time more than ours do. They had handmaidens and servants - most of them. Was that a perfectly, divine plan? Probably not. Now, before you go that route with me, I know that God ordains all, and anything that happens is under His control, so it could be said that yes, it was His plan, but what did He really hope or see for us? Of course if you really think about it, we wouldn't even have clothes to wash before the fall! LOL. Probably wouldn't need too much of a bed either.

This is just ramblings that I don't have exact answers to right now. They'll probably come to me in pieces and I usually have some "duh" moments (like the whole clothes thing), but I know God wants to me to do my best to keep this house running and that would include 2 loads of laundry!

Talk later...

No comments: